That was awesome. Really. Even better than I thought it would be.
1. No stress at all. We didn’t even really tell anyone about it until Monday and only invited my sisters and La’s brother and sister-in-law to the ceremony. It just happened that Lala’s parents told us on Tuesday that they’d be in the area, so they got to be there too, which was unplanned but amazing.
2. Did I mention no stress? I dug my dress out of the coat closet an hour before we were supposed to leave. Yep. Still looked okay. Lala got held up at work and got home twenty minutes before we had to leave, and she made it with time to spare.
3. I was NOT the only lesbian knitter there getting married! Nancy Roberts, of Machine Knitting to Dye For fame (she’s a genius), was marrying her long-time partner, Adrianna. So great. We lurve them.
4. The hair! Lala’s had her orange stripe for a while now and I realized our photos might look kind of funny. I called her two days before the wedding and said, "I’ve been thinking. You know, I’m just not that comfortable with the idea of you have orange hair in our wedding photos." Then I paused, a LONG time, in which I heard her brain scrambling for some way to save her hair. Then I said, "Unless I have orange hair, too! Will you dye mine tonight?"
5. Pictures (more over here):
Lala, me, Adrianna, and Nancy. You can tell who’s part of which couple by the color arrangements. (Nancy dyed that green yarn that Adrianna knitted up so beautifully. I wish I’d captured the sweater better…..)
6. After a family dinner, we had a drink-up with friends at Baggy’s By The Lake, where we had our first date. Everyone appeared to have a good time. I certainly did. I believe there was bourbon and dancing involved, but again, that might just be a rumor. More party pictures over at my Flickr set.
7. We learned that Baggy’s is a $30 cab-ride (not bad) home, given that the cabbie is employed by Grand Theft Auto. Damn. I swear, if he could have popped a wheelie with his cab, he would have. Apparently Lala was terrified, but it felt like one big video game to me.
8. Love is good.
Get a Free Short Story!
Subscribe to get a free copy of Socks for Alex, a Cypress Hollow Short Story, compatible with all devices!