1.We got home later than normal, so Clara the border collie ate faster than normal, and now she's walking around the house burping. It's really pretty funny.
2. We got home late because we went to Alcatraz! I've been twice in two months! I seriously dig that place. Lala had never been, even though she's lived in the Bay Area for seventeen years. La Brainy Alison was in town and already had the night tour planned, so we attached ourselves. It's really the best tour in town, I think — creepy and interesting and well-run and worth the high price tag. The night tour is better than the day tour. Highly recommended.
3. My tummy hurts a little from all the food I put into it at Cha-cha-cha in the Mission. Mmmm. Caribbean tapas. Potatoes and jerk chicken and mushrooms and platanos.
4. I can't even imagine doing yoga tomorrow with this belly full of food right now. (I typoed toga instead of yoga. I can imagine doing toga. That's about all I can imagine doing. But hello, yoga, I need you. And perhaps a run or two.)
5. My desk is covered with edits. I can barely find my computer right now, and the book is almost all I think about. I'm on deadline, so if I'm a little quiet for a few weeks, forgive me. I'll be back!
6. Oh! Speaking of that! Alison said I should mention that How to Knit a Love Song is not only available for preorder here in the States (which you knew), but also in Canada now (which you might not have known).
7. And those of you Down Under, did you know that my book will be available under a different title in Australia and New Zealand? It's callled Eliza's Gift, and it's got a whole different look, and you can actually read it earlier, too — I JUST REALIZED I'll be an actual real-live published author on 1-3-2010, according to that site. Excuse me, that's next week. OH HOLY CRAP! Can we just ignore everything else I typed up there? I'm GOING TO BE PUBLISHED IN A WEEK! Nothing else matters!
8. AND JUST THAT FAST – NO, I'm NOT! I just realized that I read the site's publication date wrong. 1/3/10 means March 1st, 2010. So it comes out in Australia a day before it comes out here in America. DANG IT. I was so excited for a minute. I raced into the kitchen and did this excited Almost Published crazy dance routine, only it wasn't a dance routine, it was more of a bug-eyed worried what-now look. It must have looked quite odd.
9. Heh. That was a funny range of emotions to have in the span of three minutes.
10. Time for bed! Night!
Get a Free Short Story!
Subscribe to get a free copy of Socks for Alex, a Cypress Hollow Short Story, compatible with all devices!